Hellaby lies in the north of the Rother Valley constituency. In the west of the ward are those parts of Wickersley and Bramley to the south of Bawtry Road. In the east of the ward is west Maltby and in the centre is Hellaby. The ward contains parts of the Wickersley, Bramley and Maltby parishes.
- Bramley appears in the Domesday Book, its name deriving from 'Bramleia' meaning a 'forest glade overgrown with broom'.
- Junction 1 of the M18 is situated in Bramley.
- Hellaby is the location of Hellaby Hall Hotel which is set in a 17th Century mansion built by the Fretwell family. It is also home to a large industrial estate.
- Wickersley is mentioned in the Domesday Book and takes its name from 'Wicresleia' meaning 'Vikar's forest-clearing'. Vikar is a Norse name, which indicates that the village was founded during the Viking occupation of the area.
- Wickersley was once held by Richard FitzTurgis (who adopted the name 'de Wickersley), founder of Roche Abbey.
- Little remains of Wickersley's medieval church apart from the tower, the lower part of which dates from the 15th Century. The upper part of the tower dates from the 18th Century and the top from the 1950s.
- In the 18th Century, Wickersley stone was found to make excellent, fine-grained grindstones for which there was a great demand from Sheffield cutlers. Land to the south of the village was purchased by the Cutlers' Company and a number of quarries were opened up, however the demand for grindstones from the cutlery industry started to decline at the beginning of the 20th Century and by 1939 there was only one quarry still producing grindstones for the export market.
- Increased population in the area led to the development of the Tanyard shopping centre in 1966.